- Diploma, Mechanical Engineering, University of Patras, 1979
- Ph.D.,Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, 1990
Technology of Materials. High Temperature Metallurgical Processes
- Director of Laboratory of Metallurgy and Materials of Department of Chemical Engineers.
- Coordinator of the Intra-University UPatras network “Network on Sustainable Management of Resources and Waste Valorisation” (http://wastevalor.upatras.gr).
- Coordinator of “Sustainable Campus” committee of University of Patras
- Valorisation of industrial (metallurgical, mining etc) residues.
- Processes: Structural ceramics. Cements. Geopolymers. Sintering processes.
- Pyrometallurgical processes: Slag-metal reactions. Thermodynamics and Kinetics.
- Surface modification processes (Thermo-, chemical treatment of metals CVD).
- Process modelling. Thermochemical simulation of multi-element, multiphase systems.
He has been coordinator of more than 20 National and European research programs. Within this frame, he has established collaboration with the main “heavy” industries of Greece, such as LARKO, Aluminium Hellas, TITAN, AGET, Bauxites Parnassos, National Power Coorporation etc. He is instructor of the courses of the Department of Chemical Engineering UPatras, of Materials Science, Metallurgy, Strength of Materials, Mechanics of Materials, Surface Treatments of Metals. Moreover he is person in charge for the training of the students in industries and companies. He has been member of organisation and/or scientific committees in several International or National Conferences. He has been member of the Executive Committee F7 “Surface Characteristics” Carbon and Steel, ECSC, of the European Union. Advisor of students in the frame of Erasmus-Socrates and Leonardo programs (collaboration with France, Italy, Romania, Turkey, Bulgaria, Spain).
Principles and applications of CVD powder technology
C Vahlas, B Caussat, P Serp, GN Angelopoulos
Materials Science and Engineering: R: Reports 53 (1), 1-72
Wettability and interfacial energies in SiC-liquid metal systems
P Nikolopoulos, SAP Los, GN Angelopoulos, A Naoumidis, H Grübmeier
Journal of materials science 27 (1), 139-145
Formation of aluminide coatings on nickel by a fluidised bed CVD process
N Voudouris, C Christoglou, GN Angelopoulos
Surface and Coatings Technology 141 (2), 275-282
Deposition of aluminium on magnesium by a CVD process
C Christoglou, N Voudouris, GN Angelopoulos, M Pant, W Dahl
Surface and Coatings Technology 184 (2), 149-155
Calibration measurements in laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy using nanosecond and picosecond lasers
P Stavropoulos, C Palagas, GN Angelopoulos, DN Papamantellos, S Couris
Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic Spectroscopy 59 (12), 1885-1892
Formation and modelling of aluminide coatings on iron by a fluidised bed CVD process
C Christoglou, N Voudouris, GN Angelopoulos
Surface and Coatings Technology 155 (1), 51-58
Thermal behaviour of clay mixtures with bauxite residue for the production of heavy-clay ceramics
Y Pontikes, P Nikolopoulos, GN Angelopoulos
Journal of the European Ceramic Society 27 (2), 1645-1649
|Publication List (Full):|