- Diploma in Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, 1997.
- Postgraduate Master of Sciences (Master's), Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, 2003.
- Doctorate Diploma (Ph.D. Thesis), Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, 2003.
- Partial differential equations of mathematical physics.
- Analytical and hybrid methods in physics and in engineering.
- Theory and applications of the ellipsoidal geometry.
- Fluid dynamics, creeping hydrodynamics and magnetic fluids.
- Electromagnetism and low frequency scattering.
- Electric and magnetic activity of the brain.
- Scattering of elastic waves from isotropic and anisotropic materials.
- Mathematical simulation of cancer tumour growth.
- Modeling of cold atmospheric pressure plasma jet systems.
P. Vafeas & G. Dassios, “Stokes flow in ellipsoidal geometry”, Journal of Mathematical Physics (J. Math. Phys.), 47 (093102), 1–38 (2006).
V. Sevroglou & P. Vafeas, “2D elastic scattering of a plane dyadic wave by a small rigid body and cavity”, ZAMM – Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (Z. Angew. Math. Mech.), 88, 227–238 (2008).
P.K. Papadopoulos, P. Vafeas, P. Svarnas, K. Gazeli, P.M. Hatzikonstantinou, A. Gkelios & F. Clément, “Interpretation of the gas flow field modification induced by guided streamer (‘plasma bullet’) propagation”, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics (J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys.), 47 (425203), 1–16 (2014).
G. Perrusson, P. Vafeas, I.Κ. Chatjigeorgiou & D. Lesselier, “Low–frequency on–site identification of a highly conductive body buried in Earth from a model ellipsoid”, IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics (IMA J. Appl. Math.), 80, 963–980 (2015).
P. Vafeas, “On the integro–differential general solution for the unsteady micropolar Stokes flow of a conducting ferrofluid”, Quarterly of Applied Mathematics (Quart. Appl. Math.), 76, 19–37 (2018).
M. Doschoris, P. Vafeas & G. Fragoyiannis “The influence of surface deformations on the forward magnetoencephalographic problem”, SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics (SIAM J. Appl. Math.), 78, 963–976 (2018).
G. Fragoyiannis, F. Kariotou & P. Vafeas, “On the avascular ellipsoidal tumour growth model within a nutritive environment”, European Journal of Applied Mathematics (Eur. J. Appl. Math.), accepted for publication (in press) (2019).
|Publication List (Full):|