- B.S. in Chemistry, University of Patras, 1972
- Μaster in Business Administration, Athens School of Economics, 1974
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA, 1980
- Habilitation in Physical Chemistry, University of Patras, 1982
Scale formation. Corrosion and Scaling in Geothermal and other water handling Systems. Scale Formation and Prevention in Industrial Processes. Fouling in Aquatic Systems. Physicochemical processes in natural waters. Phosphorus Recovery from Wastewater. Preparation of Catalysts. Solid-electrolyte solutions interfaces. Fundamental Scientific Aspects for the Development of Protection and Restoration Methods for Historic monuments based on the mechanisms of deterioration. Biological Mineralization: Mechanisms of formation of biominerals. Purification of Crystals by Melt Crystallization. Recovery of pollutants by cooling crystallization. Crystal growth and Dissolution of Soluble Salts. Phosphorus. recovery from wastewater.
- N. Spanos, V. Deimede, P.G. Koutsoukos: Functionalization of synthetic polymers for potential use as biomaterials:selective growth of hydroxyapatite on sulphonated polysulphone, Biomaterials, 23, 947-953, (2002).
- Spanos N, Kanellopoulou DG, Koutsoukos PG, The interaction of diphosphonates with calcitic surfaces: Understanding the inhibition activity in marble dissolution, Langmuir 22 (5): 2074-2081 ,2006.
- Menadakis, M., Maroulis, G., Koutsoukos, P. G., A quantum chemical study of doped CaCO3 (calcite), Computational Materials Science 38 , 522-525,2007.
- H. Ehrlich , P.G. Koutsoukos , K.D. Demadis , O.S. Pokrovsky , Principles of demineralization: Modern strategies for the isolation of organic frameworks. Part I. Common definitions and history, Micron, 39 ,169-193,2008.
- M.G. Lioliou, A. N. Kofina, C.A. Paraskeva, P. G. Klepetsanis, T. Østvold,| A.C. Payatakes, and P. G. Koutsoukos, Controlled Precipitation of Sparingly Soluble Phosphate Salts Using Enzymes. I. Controlled Development of Solution Supersaturation in Situ, Crystal Growth and Design,8 ,1390-1398, 2008.
- S. P. Gartaganis, D.G. Kanellopoulou, E. K. Mela, V. S. Panteli, and P. G. Koutsoukos, Opacification of Hydrophilic Acrylic Intraocular Lens Attributable to Calcification: Investigation on Mechanism, American Journal of Ophthalmology, 146, 395-403, 2008.
- S.Rokidi and P.G.Koutsoukos, Crystal growth of calcium phosphates from aqueous solutions in the presence of strontium, Chem.Eng. Science, 77, 157-164 , 2012.