The Department of Chemical Engineering of the University of Patras invites applications for several PhD scholarships for the Fall Semester of the 2023-2024 academic year, in one of the following areas:
- Atmospheric pollution and climate change
- Transport phenomena
- Catalysis, electrochemistry, surface science
- Plasma technology and nanotechnology
- Materials science and technology
- Process control, process design, process optimization
- Biocatalysts, Biotechnology, biomolecular engineering, environment
- Theory and mathematical modeling
- Simulation of materials and complex fluids
The scholarships are funded from competitive national and international research projects and cover the cost of living plus reasonable expenses in Patras. Each scholarship will last from 3 to 5 years. During their studies in our unique and stimulating academic and research environment, doctoral students will have the opportunity to:
- attend a block of advanced graduate courses such as thermodynamics, transport phenomena, diffusional operations, physical chemistry, and chemical kinetics & reaction engineering
- perform world-class research work in a Department with international reputation
- attend and present their research work and achievements in national and international conferences, workshops and meetings, and
- contribute to the teaching activities of the Department.
Applications are accepted from graduates of all engineering and science departments in Greece and abroad with a Master’s degree or with a Bachelor’s degree that is equivalent to integrated Master’s. Applications are also accepted by students who are in their last year of their curriculum towards a Master’s or integrated Master’s degree and who will graduate by October 2023.
All applications should be submitted electronically by Monday, May 15 2023, and the following documents must be uploaded:
- Application (download relevant form from here)
- Recent CV
- Copies of Master’s degrees
- Copies of undergraduate academic degrees
- Official transcripts of graduate and undergraduate degrees
- Three recommendation letters (download relevant form from here) to be sent directly from the referees to the following two email addresses: a) firstname.lastname@example.org and b) email@example.com.
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Statement of personal objectives
- Copies of ID (for Greek candidates) or passports (for non-Greek candidates)
To upload these documents, one of the following two sites may be used:
- https://matrix.upatras.gr/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zups_pg_adm (by Greek-speaking candidates), or
- https://apps.chemeng.upatras.gr (by non-Greek speaking candidates)
Following an initial screening of the application package of each candidate, the Committee of Graduate Studies will select those applicants that will be invited to an oral interview. In the interview we will examine the scientific background of the prospective graduate students and their potential to carry out research work at the highest possible level.
The interview will be conducted electronically. The candidates will be informed about the exact date of the interview by email after the closure of application submissions.
Patras, March 2023
The Head of the Department
Prof. Alexandros Katsaounis