The Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Patras invites applications for eight (8) graduate scholarships for the next academic year (2021-2022) for Doctoral Studies in one of the following areas:
- Atmospheric pollution and climate change
- Transport phenomena and unit operations
- Nanotechnology, advanced materials, surfaces
- Theory, molecular modelling and simulation of complex fluids
- Enhanced oil recovery
- Energy, catalysis, and electrochemistry
- Biotechnology and the environment
The scholarships are funded from competitive national and international research projects and cover the cost of living plus reasonable expenses in Patras. Each scholarship will last from 3 to 5 years. During their studies in our unique and stimulating academic and research environment, doctoral students will have the opportunity to:
- attend a block of advanced graduate courses such as thermodynamics, transport phenomena, diffusional operations, physical chemistry, and chemical kinetics & reaction engineering
- perform world-class research work in a Department with international reputation
- attend and present their research work and achievements in national and international conferences, workshop and meetings, and
- contribute to the teaching activities of the Department.
Applications are accepted from graduates of all engineering and science departments in Greece and abroad. Applications are also accepted by students who are in their last year of their undergraduate curriculum and will graduate in February 2022.
All applications should be submitted electronically through the following platform: https://matrix.upatras.gr/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zups_pg_adm. The platform will be open until Sunday, January 30th, 2022.
- Application (download relevant form from here)
- Recent CV
- Copies of undergraduate academic degrees
- Copies of graduate (if available) academic degrees
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Three recommendation letters (download relevant form from here)
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Statement of personal objectives
- Copies of ID (for Greek candidates) or passports (for non-Greek candidates)
Especially for the letters of recommendation, the candidates should arrange that these be sent directly from the referees to the following two email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to email@example.com.
Following an initial screening of the application package of each candidate, the Committee of Graduate Studies of the Department will select those applicants who will be invited to an oral interview. In the interview we will examine the scientific background of the prospective graduate students and their potential to carry out research work at the highest possible level.
The interview will be conducted electronically. The candidates will be informed about the exact date of the interview by email after the closure of application submissions.
Patras, December 6, 2021
The Head of the Department
Prof. Dimitris Vayenas