Scholarships for PhD studies in the Department of Chemical Engineering of the University of Patras (Spring Semester 2022-2023)
The Department of Chemical Engineering of the University of Patras invites applications for several PhD scholarships for the Spring Semester of the 2022-2023 academic year, in one of the following areas:
- Atmospheric pollution and climate change
- Transport phenomena
- Catalysis, electrochemistry, surface science
- Plasma technology and nanotechnology
- Materials science and technology
- Process control, process design, process optimization
- Biocatalysts, Biotechnology, biomolecular engineering, environment
- Theory and mathematical modeling
- Simulation of materials and complex fluids
The scholarships are funded from competitive national and international research projects and cover the cost of living plus reasonable expenses in Patras. Each scholarship will last from 3 to 5 years. During their studies in our unique and stimulating academic and research environment, doctoral students will have the opportunity to:
- attend a block of advanced graduate courses such as thermodynamics, transport phenomena, diffusional operations, physical chemistry, and chemical kinetics & reaction engineering
- perform world-class research work in a Department with international reputation
- attend and present their research work and achievements in national and international conferences, workshops and meetings, and
- contribute to the teaching activities of the Department.
Applications are accepted from graduates of all engineering and science departments in Greece and abroad with a Master’s degree or with a Bachelor’s degree that is equivalent to integrated Master’s. Applications are also accepted by students who are in their last year of their curriculum towards a Master’s or integrated Master’s degree and who will graduate by January 2023.
All applications should be submitted electronically through the following platform: https://matrix.upatras.gr/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zups_pg_adm, which will be open until Monday, December 12th, 2022, and the following documents are needed:
- Application (download relevant form from here)
- Recent CV
- Copies of Master’s degrees
- Copies of undergraduate academic degrees
- Official transcripts of graduate and undergraduate degrees
- Three recommendation letters (download relevant form from here) to be sent directly from the referees to the following two email addresses: a) email@example.com and b) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Statement of personal objectives
- Copies of ID (for Greek candidates) or passports (for non-Greek candidates)
- For academic titles acquired from non-Greek Universities, we also need their Recognition from D.O.A.T.A.P, the Hellenic National Academic Recognition and Information Center (Hellenic NARIC), http://www.hri.org/info/help/doatap.html. These recognition document(s) can also be submitted after the selection process. However, to enroll to our PhD program, accepted students must submit a copy of their application for such a degree recognition to the Department’s Secretariat by March 1st, 2023.
Following an initial screening of the application package of each candidate, the Committee of Graduate Studies of the Department will select those applicants who will be invited to an oral interview. In the interview we will examine the scientific background of the prospective graduate students and their potential to carry out research work at the highest possible level.
The interview will be conducted electronically. The candidates will be informed about the exact date of the interview by email after the closure of application submissions.
Patras, November 2022
The Head of the Department
Prof. Alexandros Katsaounis