The Department of Chemical Engineering of the University of Patras invites applications for eleven (11) graduate scholarships for the next academic year (2022-2023) for Doctoral Studies in one of the following areas:
- Atmospheric pollution and climate change
- Transport phenomena
- Plasma technology and nanotechnology
- Materials and surfaces
- Theory and mathematical modeling
- Simulation of materials and complex fluids
- Biocatalysts, Biotechnology and the environment
The scholarships are funded from competitive national and international research projects and cover the cost of living plus reasonable expenses in Patras. Each scholarship will last from 3 to 5 years. During their studies in our unique and stimulating academic and research environment, doctoral students will have the opportunity to:
- attend a block of advanced graduate courses such as thermodynamics, transport phenomena, diffusional operations, physical chemistry, and chemical kinetics & reaction engineering
- perform world-class research work in a Department with international reputation
- attend and present their research work and achievements in national and international conferences, workshop and meetings, and
- contribute to the teaching activities of the Department.
Applications are accepted from graduates of all engineering and science departments in Greece and abroad. Applications are also accepted by students who are in their last year of their undergraduate curriculum and will graduate in Fall 2022.
All applications should be submitted electronically through the following platform: https://matrix.upatras.gr/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zups_pg_adm. The platform will be open until Friday, June 24th, 2022.
- Application (download relevant form from here)
- Recent CV
- Copies of undergraduate academic degrees
- Copies of graduate (if available) academic degrees
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Three recommendation letters (download relevant form from here).
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Statement of personal objectives
- Copies of ID (for Greek candidates) or passports (for non-Greek candidates)
- For all academic titles acquired abroad: Recognition from D.O.A.T.A.P, the Hellenic National Academic Recognition and Information Center (Hellenic NARIC). These recognition document(s) can also be submitted after the interview but to enroll to our PhD program it is a prerequisite that you submit a copy of your application for such a degree recognition to our Secretariat by October 1st, 2022 the latest.
For the letters of recommendation, in particular, the candidate should arrange that these be sent directly from the referees to the following two email addresses: a) email@example.com and b) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following an initial screening of the application package of each candidate, the Committee of Graduate Studies of the Department will select those applicants who will be invited to an oral interview. In the interview we will examine the scientific background of the prospective graduate students and their potential to carry out research work at the highest possible level.
The interview will be conducted electronically. The candidates will be informed about the exact date of the interview by email after the closure of application submissions.
Patras, May 2022
The Head of the Department
Prof. Dimitris Vayenas