The Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences (ICE-HT) was established and began operating at Rio-Patras in 1984 as an independent academic institute.
In 1987 ICE-HT was incorporated into the structure of the Foundation of Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH). This comprises of a network of eight institutes that report directly to the General Secretariat of Research and Technology of the Ministry of Development and Investments.
The new identity which ICE-HT assumed by its incorporation into FORTH, gave rise to higher operational flexibility and further expansion within the framework of its original aims.
In addition to fundamental research, the Institute currently conducts applied and technological research in a great variety of fields and provides specialized services to industry.
ICE-HT Mission Statement
- Forefront scientific research.
- Cooperation with industrial companies in EU and other countries.
- Development of innovative technological products, key enabling technologies (KETs) and production processes.
- Participation in the creation of spin-off companies.
- Cooperation with other research & development organizations.
- Training and advanced education of new researchers.
- Active participation in the development of the Region of Western Greece.
- Significant contribution to the technological and economic growth of Greece.
Research Director FORTH/ICE-HT : V. Burganos
Stadiou Str., Platani
GR-26504 Patras, Hellas