The Volunteer Group of the University invites you to the Voluntary Blood Donation that will take place on:
-- Monday, December 5, 10:00-13:00 | Chemical Engineering Central Building, Ground Floor
-- Tuesday, December 6, 10:00-13:00 | Peace Park
At the same time, there will be registrations for bone marrow donors.
For everyone's safety, it is necessary to wear a mask throughout your stay in the external waiting area, as well as in the blood donation area.
Volunteers from the team will be present at the site, in order to help with the coordination, the conduct of the blood donation and the observance of protection measures.
Blood donation is open to everyone!
See you there!!!
Dos & Don'ts:
Before donating blood:
- Make sure you get enough iron from your diet (red meat, fish, poultry, beans, spinach, fortified cereals, raisins)
- Get enough sleep the night before
- Consume an extra half liter of water before blood donation
- Eat a healthy meal- avoid high fat and sweets
- For platelet donors, aspirin is prohibited for at least two days
During blood donation:
- Wear a comfortable shirt with sleeves that you can easily fold over your elbow
- Listen to music or talk to someone to relax, the procedure doesn't take more than 15 minutes
- The amount of blood taken is only 330ml – as much as a can of soda . A small amount of great importance!
After donating blood:
- Drink a large glass of water
- Do not drink alcohol for the next 24 hours
- To avoid skin irritation, clean the area around the needle hole with soap and water
- Do not lift heavy objects and do not do vigorous exercise for the rest of the day
- If you feel dizzy after donating blood, lie down until you feel better