According to the announcement of the President of the Committee of Experts for the new coronavirus Professor of University of Athens Mr. Tsiodras:
Following a recommendation of the Committee of Experts on infection from the new coronavirus pandemic, the Greek Government has decided to take emergency lockdown measures, in accordance with the guidelines of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
The measures include suspending the operation of all public and private educational institutions of all levels, until Sunday, May 10 2020.
Lockdown measures for the coronavirus pandemic will be reassessed and adjusted after the May 10th.
Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus by World Health Organization (WHO)
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early. Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.