Application of statistics to the solution of engineering problems
Application of statistical data analysis
Formulation and application of statistical models in engineering problems
Data analysis. Fundamental principles of probability theory. Basic theorems of probability theory. Combinatorial analysis. Discrete random variables and their distributions. Continuous random variables. Parameters of probability distributions. Normal distribution. Binomial distribution. Hypergeometric distribution. Poisson distribution. Confidence intervals. t-distribution and χ2 distribution. Hypothesis testing. Linear regression.
LECTURES: 2 h/w
RECITATION: 1 h/w
Total Module Workload (ECTS Standards):
The grade of the final exam is multiplied by a factor based on the performance of the student in the tests given randomly during the semester.
- Ζιούτας Γ. (2004) Πιθανότητες και Στοιχεία Στατιστικής για Μηχανικούς, Εκδ. Ζήτη, Θεσ/νίκη.
- Kreyszig E., Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 8th edition, Wiley, 1998.
- Greenberg M., Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall, 1998.
- Zill, D. G., Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 3rd Edition, Jones & Burtlett, 2006.
- O’Neil P. V., Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 4th edition, Boston PWS, 1995.
- Wylie C. R. and Barrett L. C., Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 6th edition, McGraw Hill, 1995.