The Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Patras invites applications for admission to its Graduate Program of Doctoral Studies for the Spring semester of 2021 in one of the following areas:
- Energy, catalysis, and electrochemistry
- Nanotechnology, materials, and surfaces
- Biotechnology and the environment
- Atmospheric pollution and climate change
- Molecular simulations
- Transport phenomena and unit operations
During their studies in our unique and stimulating academic and research environment, doctoral students will have the opportunity to:
- attend advanced graduate courses such as thermodynamics, transport phenomena, diffusional operations, physical chemistry, and chemical kinetics and reaction engineering
- perform world-class research work in a Department with international reputation
- attend and present their research work and achievements in national and international conferences, workshop and meetings, and
- contribute to the teaching activities of the Department.
Applications are accepted from graduates of all engineering and science departments. Applications are also accepted by students who are in their last year of their undergraduate curriculum and will graduate during the summer.
All applications should be submitted electronically through the following platform: https://matrix.upatras.gr/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zups_pg_adm. The platform will be open until Friday January 15, 2021. To apply for admission, interested candidates should prepare, upload, and submit through the above site the following documents:
- Application (download relevant form from here)
- Recent CV
- Copies of undergraduate academic degrees
- Copies of graduate (if available) academic degrees
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Three recommendation letters (download relevant form from here)
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Statement of personal objectives
- Copies of ID (for Greek candidates) or passports (for non-Greek candidates)
Especially for the letters of recommendation, the candidates should arrange that these be sent directly from the referees to the following two email addresses: email@example.com, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following an initial screening of the application package of each candidate, the Committee of Graduate Studies of the Department will select those applicants who will be invited to an oral interview. In the interview we will examine the scientific background of the prospective graduate students and their potential to carry out research work at the highest possible level.
The interview will be conducted electronically. The candidates will be informed about the exact date of the interview shortly after January 15, 2021.
For more information, interested candidates can send an email to: email@example.com, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patras, December 2020
The Head of the Department
Prof. Dimitris Vayenas