The Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Patras invites applications for ten (10) graduate scholarships for the next academic year (2020-2021) for Doctoral Studies in one of the following areas:
- Energy, catalysis, and electrochemistry
- Nanotechnology, materials, and surfaces
- Biotechnology and the environment
- Atmospheric pollution and climate change
- Molecular simulations
- Transport phenomena and unit operations
The 10 scholarships are funded from competitive national and international research projects and cover the cost of living plus reasonable expenses in Patras. Each scholarship will last from 3 to 5 years. During their studies in our unique and stimulating academic and research environment, doctoral students will have the opportunity to:
- attend a block of advanced graduate courses such as thermodynamics, transport phenomena, diffusional operations, physical chemistry, and chemical kinetics and reaction engineering,
- perform world-class research work in a Department with international reputation,
- attend and present their research work and achievements in national and international conferences, workshop and meetings, and
- contribute to the teaching activities of the Department.
Applications are accepted from graduates of all engineering and science departments. Applications are also accepted by students who are in their last year of their undergraduate curriculum and will graduate during the summer.
All applications should be submitted electronically through https://matrix.upatras.gr/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zups_pg_adm for Greek-speaking candidates and through https://apps.chemeng.upatras.gr for non-Greek speaking candidates. The two platforms will be open from Monday May 11 through Friday June 26. To apply for admission, interested candidates should prepare, upload, and submit through the above site the following documents:
- Application (download relevant form from here)
- Recent CV
- Copies of undergraduate academic degrees
- Copies of graduate (if available) academic degrees
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Statement of personal objectives
- Copies of ID (for Greek candidates) or passports (for non-Greek candidates)
In addition, they should arrange for three letters of recommendation (download relevant form from here) to be sent directly from the referees to the following email address: email@example.com.
Following an initial screening of the application package of each candidate, the Committee of Graduate Studies of the Department will select those applicants who will be invited to an oral interview. In the interview we will examine the scientific background of the prospective graduate students and their potential to carry out research work at the highest possible level.
The candidates will be informed about the date of the interview, which will be conducted remotely for those outside Greece, before the deadline of June 26.
Patras, May 04, 2020
The Head of the Department
Prof. Dimitris Vayenas